Monday, November 21, 2011

I love Thanksgiving week!

We have the opportunity to be with my family this year for Turkey day.  I am so excited to have my whole family together.  I mean, it shouldn't be asking much since i only have one brother...but it's a miracle that it worked out.  Thanks to my brother's Mother in Law, we will have a reunion.

My parents once told me a story about myself when I was  a toddler.  (Don't you love those little insights?)  We were walking along together, my mom holding one hand, my dad the other.  I was their only child at the time, and they were very young.  I was pretty small, and I brought their two hands together to touch in front of me.  I always think of that story, because it seems like that is just an instinct I have.  I want to bring people together.  I want everyone to get along and just love each other.

So, although I am not the one who brought us all together this time, I am certainly going to celebrate the fact that we will be.  I love my family so much.  I absolutely adore my little brother and am so proud of him for the man he is.  He is a wonderful provider and works hard to provide for his family.  He is cheerful and adorable and I think he's great.

I am sure we will have fun quoting movies, eating ourselves silly, and scratching belly.
I am so thankful for another Thanksgiving where we are free to celebrate and enjoy each other.

What are your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment