Sunday, July 27, 2014

Part 1 of this thing

Life is an occasion.    Rise to it.

              I believe in you.

                                   I believe in your children.

                                                         And that is why I continue to stand for what I know.

The other night, we watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, which is a wonderfully geeky movie.  I get something more out of it every time I watch it.  I totally love it.  Mr. Magorium's parting words are "Life is an occasion.  Rise to it."   I repeated this sage advice over and over in my mind after watching it.  Because I truly want to rise.

And in truth:  I want us all to rise to the occasion that this life is.

I believe that the youth of today are meant for big things.  Big Things.  BIG Things.
The rules are different for them, all bets are off.
So why are we treating them according to the same old rules?
They deserve innovation.  They invite it, by their very natures:  A new way.

The past several generations were fine with the "old" way.
Which is our challenge, I suppose.  We need to open our minds to learn the new way, so we can lead out...so we can be prepared to teach them and be their guides.

We need to rise to the occasion of raising up a generation of thinkers and leaders and do-ers!

More on this soon.

Do hard things!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment